Buyer / Seller Chart - All Modes of Transport

Useful Hints

* There are actually two FCA terms: FCA Seller's Premises where the seller is responsible only for loading the goods and not responsible for inland freight; and FCA Named Place (International Carrier) where the seller is responsible for inland freight.

* If you buy EXW be prepared to load your own container if on an FCL service. If  Seller should load, then specify the term
   ''Ex Works loaded into a container''  or as above mentioned ''FCA Seller's Premises''.
* If you buy EXW or FCA be prepared to take care of the contract of carriage. Seller will not receive the Bill of Lading and
   therefore a Letter of Credit calling for a Bill of Lading from the Seller is not possible.
* Above INCOTERMS cannot stand alone without mentioning exact points of delivery (I.E. CIP Beirut).
* INCOTERMS can be adjusted to suit  own requirements (contracted amounts may also vary as a result) or to otherwise
   clarify vague areas (I.E. CIP & THC Valencia).